BBD Editor: Dan Hope
This week’s look at the best content from Buffalo Bills Draft, the NFL Draft Sites Network and around the web looks forward to the 2013 Bills season and 2014 NFL Draft, but also looks back at some of the draft picks the Bills have made in recent years.
Looking Ahead: 2013 Bills Season
- Which tight ends will earn roster spots and playing time for the Buffalo Bills this season? Staff writer Eric Samulski projects the team’s tight end depth chart.
- First-round pick quarterback E.J. Manuel and veteran pass-rusher Mark Anderson are among the Buffalo Bills players with questions to answer this offseason, staff writer Joseph Curtis writes.
Looking Ahead: 2014 NFL Draft
- UCLA outside linebacker Anthony Barr could be one of the 2014 NFL Draft’s top picks, but must improve many aspects of his game, staff writer Joe Marino says.
- Staff writer Evan Sidery broke down Teddy Bridgewater’s top two challengers to be the top quarterback selected in the 2014 NFL Draft, Clemson’s Tajh Boyd and San Jose State’s David Fales.
- Tennessee defensive tackle Daniel McCullers has huge potential (and size) as a nose tackle. Joe Marino breaks down why the 2014 season will be pivotal in proving whether he is worth a first-round pick.
- Three seasons removed from the 2010 NFL draft, staff writer Ryan Talbot is taking a look back and grading each selection. He started this week with first-round pick running back C.J. Spiller, second-round pick defensive tackle Torell Troup, third-round pick defensive lineman Alex Carrington and fourth-round pick wide receiver Marcus Easley.
- Who have been the Buffalo Bills’ worst draft picks of the 21st century? I listed the top five and paid homage to “Arrested Development” in “They Made a Huge Mistake.” Join the post discussion to chime in on who you think the Bills’ worst draft selection was!
More on the Bills
- Cian Fahey of Pre Snap Reads broke down the many various offensive packages that the Buffalo Bills could deploy to form a “chameleon” offense.
- Mario Williams responded last week to published reports that detailed text messages in which he discussed suicidal thoughts and hydrocodone abuse. Read the transcript from his press conference at WGR.
Around the NFL Draft Sites Network
- In his AFC East overview of the 2013 NFL Draft, NY Jets Draft staff writer Marc Sluis gave the Bills a B- grade for their draft.
- Miami Dolphins Draft writer John Blair broke down TCU quarterback Casey Pachall and took an early look at the 2014 tight end draft class among other entries in his “Inside the War Room” piece this week.