BBD Editor: Dan Hope
The current week is already off to an active start for the Buffalo Bills, with news of Buddy Nix’s resignation coming Monday from One Bills Drive.
The past week has been an active one here at Buffalo Bills Draft, in a week that also included E.J. Manuel and the Bills’ other rookies taking the field at mini camp. Let’s take a look at the biggest stories regarding the Bills and NFL draft from BBD, around the NFL Draft Sites Network and around the web.
BBD’s Best of the Week
- Staff writer Ryan Talbot is four installments deep into his six-part Sophomore Spotlight series. Check out all four installments for detailed rookie performance breakdowns and second-year predictions for cornerback Stephon Gilmore, left tackle Cordy Glenn, wide receiver T.J. Graham and outside linebacker Nigel Bradham.
- Staff writer Evan Sidery kicked off BBD’s coverage of the 2014 NFL Draft with his top 100 prospects big board. Top 50 | 51-100
- What are reasonable expectations for quarterback EJ Manuel in his rookie season? Staff writer Eric Samulski looked at rookie quarterbacks statistics since 2000 to determine where the bar should be set.
- Who will be the best wide receiver from the 2013 NFL Draft? My money is on Bills second-round pick Robert Woods.
Checking in on Bills’ Rookie Camp
- Chris Brown of BuffaloBills.com weighed in on Manuel’s performance at the weekend mini camp during an interview on NFL Network (via NFL.com).
- Undrafted wide receiver Brandon Kaufman made a big impression at Bills’ rookie camp this past weekend. Brown wrote that Kaufman he made a big impression, while the Bills’ official Twitter account tweeted Kaufman’s “catch on the day” from the mini camp’s first day. John Murphy of BuffaloBills.com said Kaufman was a favored target of both Manuel and Jeff Tuel in passing drills, and that Kaufman lined up both outside and in the slot. BBD staff writer Glenn Gifford weighed in on how Brandon Kaufman could be the Bills’ new, upgraded version of David Nelson.
Around the NFL Draft Sites Network
- The Buffalo Bills should have no need to draft a wide receiver in 2014, but that shouldn’t cease your interest in who the draft class’ top wideouts are. DraftPanthers has already ranked the top 25.
- NYJetsDraft‘s Marc Sluis compares Clemson quarterback and highly-rated 2014 NFL draft prospect Tajh Boyd to EJ Manuel.
Coming This Week
BBD’s 2014 NFL draft coverage will be hitting full stride this week, with scouting features on many of the draft’s top prospects, including South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, Texas A&M offensive tackle Jake Matthews, Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater and Michigan offensive tackle Taylor Lewan. Be on the lookout for all of those and more, including the final two installments of Ryan’s Sophomore Spotlight series and continued coverage of the Bills’ general manager situation!