BBD Editor: Dan Hope
A new month is upon us, and June here at Buffalo Bills Draft means we are growing ever closer to the start of the 2013 football season. We are excited to continue bringing you some of the web’s most unique and high-quality content previewing the Buffalo Bills’ 2013 season, looking ahead to the 2014 NFL draft and also looking back at recent Bills seasons as we continue to churn through the NFL offseason.
Let’s take a look back at the best content from the past week from here at BBD, around the NFL Draft Sites Network and around the web.
Looking Ahead to the Bills Season
- The Buffalo Bills have an exciting class of rookies for the 2013 season, headlined by first-round pick quarterback EJ Manuel and their two second-round picks, wide receiver Robert Woods and inside linebacker Kiko Alonso. Which rookie will make the biggest impact in 2013? See who each of our writers predicted to do so, and weigh in with your own pick!
Potential Bills in the 2014 NFL Draft
- Joseph Curtis broke down six potential selections for the Buffalo Bills in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft — one for every 5-6 picks of Round 1, taking into account all possibilities for how good or bad the Bills could be this season.
- Glenn Gifford took a close look at TCU cornerback Jason Verrett, and explained why he is a possible first-round choice for the Bills in 2014.
2010 NFL Draft Grades
- Ryan Talbot’s “Grading the Buffalo Bills’ 2010 NFL Draft” series came to a close today with his final installment grading late-round picks Danny Batten, Levi Brown and Kyle Calloway. If you haven’t already, you should catch up on the entire series by reading about C.J. Spiller, Torell Troup, Alex Carrington, Marcus Easley, Ed Wang and Arthur Moats.
Around the NFL Draft Sites Network
- We are saddened as all football fans should be by the demise of Pro Football Weekly, but we here at the NFL Draft Sites Network are thrilled that Kevin Fishbain, formerly of PFW, has joined us as the editor of Miami Dolphins Draft! Head over to MDD to see the great work he and his staff are doing.
- Justin Higdon of Draft Browns highlighted five 2014 NFL draft skill position players from smaller schools who are flying under the radar.
More on the Bills
- Legendary Bills quarterback Jim Kelly announced Monday that he has been diagnosed with cancer in his upper jaw. We wish him all the best here at BBD. You can read his full statement at BuffaloBills.com.
- Tim Graham of the Buffalo News profiled Eugene Parker, the agent of franchise-tagged but unsigned safety Jairus Byrd, which includes discussion of Byrd’s current contractual stalemate with the Bills.
- The Buffalo Bills concluded organized team activities last week. Check out recaps from BufalloBills.com of Day 7, Day 8, Day 9 and Day 10.