BBD Week in Review
Looking for an easy way to find the best content each week? Check out our BBD Week in Review each week, which links to the best content from Buffalo Bills Draft and across the NFL Draft Sites Network!
Week in Review: 8/12 – 8/18
The Buffalo Bills are coming off of a busy week at Bills Drive in Orchard Park, N.Y., as training camp continued to roll along while the Bills also played their first home game of the preseason versus the Minnesota Vikings on Friday. The Bills are now halfway through this year’s preseason, and less than three full weeks away from their regular-season opener versus the New England Patriots.
Over the course of the past week here at Buffalo Bills Draft, we’ve had reports from people on the scene at both training camp and the Bills’ clash with the Vikings, along with full coverage of all the latest Bills news, including a major shift in the quarterback competition. Here’s a look at back at what Buffalo Bills Draft’s best have had to say in the past week.
Quarterback Concerns: Kolb Struggling, Manuel Injured
- EJ Manuel is out for the rest of the preseason following a minor knee procedure. What does that mean for the Buffalo Bills? Ryan Talbot takes a closer look.
- My take on why the Bills made the right decision in advance of Friday’s preseason game by starting Kevin Kolb.
Reviewing Bills vs. Vikings
- Joe Marino graded each positional unit on the Bills’ roster for their performance in Friday’s game versus the Vikings.
- Glenn Gifford examines who improved and who struggled in Friday night’s contest with this week’s “5 Up, 5 Down.”
Live from Training Camp
- Ryan Talbot attended training camp Monday-Wednesday of last week. Check out his full report from Monday, seven standouts from Tuesday and predictions for the season that followed from his week of camp observations.
- Glenn Gifford was also at training camp Wednesday. He came away very impressed with wide receiver Marquise Goodwin, who he believes should be the No. 3 receiver on the depth chart, ahead of T.J. Graham.
2014 NFL Draft
- Joseph Curtis’ sleepers series continued this past week with a look at some under-the-radar prospects in Conference USA and the Sun Belt Conference.
Around the Web
- The Buffalo Bills announced the release of Rian Lindell Monday.
- My look at Bleacher Report at what Kevin Kolb can do as the Buffalo Bills’ starting quarterback with EJ Manuel sidelined.